Monday, April 2, 2007

My Favorite Trip

If anyone were to ask me what my idea of my favorite trip would be ( and why would they??) or what I wanted for Mother's Day ( Amy Nicole) the answer is simple and has been the same for 10 years.

I would love to have a mom and daughter trip back to my favorite East Coast destinations. It would be my idea of totally emerging myself in my favorite things. I don't see it happening for quite a while unfortunately. I think about it allot though, why...because the thought of spending a week with my two crazy daughters ( as I use to know them) would be the perfect way to see my favorite vacation spots. Kinda like seeing Disneyland the first time with your babies, accept my babies now enjoy martinis and slammers and whatever...

These girls use to make me laugh so hard..we made each other laugh and for a few days we were free from our hectic lives and just being "people" again. I am now thinking back to the "2 "Las Vegas trips we took together..OMG that was fun!! I would find a slot machine that "spoke" to me and it would spill with the greatest chinging sound with all of the bells and whistles..until Amy would touch it and kill its' magic..UGH and Megan and I would forbid her from touching another one unless she passed her money to Megan first and then allowed me to play it! Oh Geez... we all wore satin pj's the first year except Megan who felt quite left out..the next year she proudly removed her creamy pair of satins from her luggage to see that Amy and I had gone cotton comfy. I can still see her as she slumped into bed and immediately slipped off the other side onto the floor..not use to those slippery suckers...OMG we laughed so hard we cried, it was totally great!

My dream has been to have a girls East Coast trip, gee now I would settle for my granddaughter Katie, Amy and me..don't see it happening. Amy would love Boston, the graveyards ( I love them), the Oyster House..yep saddle up to the bar where George and John grabbed an ale, the Cape and all of it's paranormal activity..cool. I miss my girls, but life's transitions take us all on our own journeys and new adventures....at least we had Vegas!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Alternate title, "My Favorite Guilt Trip..."

;)

Malinda said...

Why yes, that does sound nice ..has a real special ring to it..well done...LOL