Tuesday, April 17, 2007


In a few short weeks we will be off to New York, as chaperones of 100 Chorale students, who have been selected as the West Coast representatives to premiere new selections of music by Mike Hays at Carnegie Hall. I love chorale music, as a parent and as a singer. There is something quite magical about being a part of a variety of choral arrangements that have taken daily fast paced study periods to fine tune. When you take accomplished voices and add a symphony, it is pure magic that reaches back to centuries of tradition and cultural experience.
What an incredible opportunity to be able to play Carnegie Hall and it will probably be a few years before these young students fully understand what they have accomplished and experienced.
On the flipside, it is 100 teenagers in NYC and an anxious "zing" runs through me as I think about the stories that will come out of this trip. We will be flying on 2 planes and traveling by land on three buses, yes 100 students and 20 brave ( dumb) chaperones from California will hit the Big Apple. I can't wait to share this story.

2 comments:

Amy said...

And the pictures!!! Don't forget about sharing the pictures!!!!

Gosh, he looks gorgeous there!!

Malinda said...

Thank you, yes he does and quite grown up. I am thrilled that he has found this haven and loves it so much. We will take lots of pictures! Thx for the comment.