Friday, April 20, 2007

Temper Temper


Speaking of being a tigress..


My oldest, and mother of my favorite grandchildren, has instincts that are not for the faint of heart. Those of us who choose a more diplomatic path to correct our problems are seen as "spineless"by this gal. She would much prefer to remove her target's eye with a blazing hot poker, then proceed to kick them into the "hereafter" while they are bent over writhing in pain.

Not a joke, a fact. She has been known to toss a small garden shovel at the head of her unsuspecting husband, while engaged in an argument. Hubby, now runs to his closet in mid exchange and grabs his motorcycle helmet, just in case the evil spirit begins to move her. She is not beyond adding a few peppers to his meals, throwing out his liquor, or cutting up his favorite cigars. And this is the love of her life...


She has a streak of "righteous indignation" that screams to be heard, felt and not forgotten. I have often wondered where this behavior came from. I am one of the spineless ones. I wait, observe, gather my facts, make lists and then take action that I deem to be appropriate. I have acted hastily at times when the emotional levels hit their peak and all reason has flown out the window. Only during my divorce and when it involved my children, yes that tigress can get even the meek in trouble. Let some twit hold the bedroom door on my daughter, not allowing her to exit and I get angry. Let my estranged hubby stand in front of me calling me names and I blow. I have a very dear friend, who does not have a mean bone in his body, who picked up a chair from his balcony and threw it at his ex-wife's car ..because of the kids. He later mentioned he was aiming for her, but we don't need to go there. We all have our buttons and our limits and we come out growling, scratching, throwing and displaying other unhumanlike behaviors when it comes to our kids.


I've never thrown a shovel, well I'd probably miss, and the peppers well no, but that laxative thing works pretty well.....

3 comments:

Amy said...

You make me sound like some kind of demon posessed crazy person. I have NEVER cut up his cigars - those things are expensive. And, the shovel incident happened ONCE - YEARS ago.

Yes, I have those desires... and in a moment of extreme emotional duress, I have threatened all sorts of things.

But, after having some time to cool down and collect myself, I too, go to lists, collecting evidence, and choosing an appropriate avenue of action that is usually highly effective. I have been taught well.

But, I do have that streak of righteous indignation and a burning desire for justice and retribution that most of the time does not allow me to sit back and not do something about whatever it is.

Unknown said...

ROTFLOL, my first thought on reading this was - where did Amy tell she'd learned that laxative trick??

Ah sweet heredity! lol

Malinda said...

Amy: Cigars- that has been threatened many times over...thought you had followed through. Ahh..this was the one used to keep the guy in line because you usually make "good" on your threats..Sorry dear..I stand corrected. Yes, you are a take action kinda girl...I'm too tired to deal with the repercussions. Kudos to you :>) LY

Britt: Sometimes the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, however in this case hmmmm. You should ask Amy about spray starch?!