Saturday, March 31, 2007

Vacations Call For Drastic Measures

We are going to Oahu this year and I wanted to be able to snorkel with Katie and Garett without humiliation...we shall see. There is no way that I am swimming with the dolphins and causing any confusion about which is which.
I have been exercising regularly for 8 weeks now. Everyday I work on another muscle group with weight training and then run and walk. I have not checked my weight because I am a huge chicken.
I feel good, my stomach is making an exit and my flabby arms are getting smaller as well as my fanny and thighs. That is good enough for me right now. If I were to step on the scale and see little difference I would probably cave. Garett , ( my son) is my fitness partner and he keeps me out of sugar trouble ( tough task master ) and keeps me honest which is good. Perhaps lipo is another option if this doesn't work! I am not opposed to a little help from a friendly Plastic Surgeon, if it makes the individual feel better. However, for right now the old fashioned way is doing the trick I do feel better. I have increased my flexibility ,which was sadly waning . I couldn't get down on the floor without hurting and forget trying to get back up..that took concentration. So my joints do not feel stiff any more and that is huge for me. Forget the scale, I am terrified of it..it might as well be a cobra ready to strike.

This stuff takes time and patience and if I can make it through College I can do this,I am in the "zone". I have finally gotten to the place that I miss it, if I forget to exercise.Garett keeps me honest, at the least I walk every day for 35 minutes. The normal routine includes working one muscle group and walking, with a block jog included...I hope it works! ( lipo?) lol.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Shuddup. Like you aren't going to get the lipo and lift anyway!

Personally, I think you love the painkillers but would feel guilty abusing them outright. I think you do something drastic so you can have fun and say all the things to us that you wouldn't normally say. ;o)

Malinda said...

Why, I do declare, how you go on! Now, you know there isn't one bit of truth in that comment ... now shut up and hand me my mint julep ;0)