Thursday, April 12, 2007

One of THOSE Days

Ever had one of those days where you feel really discouraged? I have committed myself to an exercise program that involves, aerobics and resistance training. I have included a sensible diet program to this ,which is a combination of Sugar Busters and Good carbs. I am going into my 11th week and now the "normal" ( for me) phase moves in, namely "discouragement".

Yes, I am feeling better, I have more flexability and I am seeing some muscle tone and reduction ( minor to me) in my trouble spots. However,I want to see more NOW!!
I know it doesn't work this way and the fact that I am in my "early" fifties does have to be factored into the equation. However, I want this off NOW!! OK, It took more than 11 weeks to put the weight on, yes , and it will take some time to get it off in a healthy way, but it SUCKS!

I guess I should have thought about that before I indulged in chocolate fudgey desserts, and the great appetizers at Hard Rock Cafe and the list goes on and on. Getting older takes courage, we have to pass on the extra food pleasures, sex becomes less enjoyable after menopause ( so I hear) unless you keep yourself informed via the Internet, books, Dr. Phil, or Oprah. We have to make a real effort to remain vital and be an active healthy participant in our lives.

Well, it may take some time to reach the top of the mountain and I have no intention of stopping here, just got to keep the rhythm up and the inner voice ....be your own cheer leader because that is who I am doing this for..ME! ( I could also talk to Dr. Hottie about lipo...no, no, no...in the distance Rocky Theme can be heard....oh geez..I need help....lol).

No comments: