
Saturday is Miss Katie's birthday, she will be 12 years old and it does not even begin to seem possible. She is spending the night tonight and after we drop her Uncle off at school in the morning we will be off on an adventure. Who knows how many more of these I have, all the normal transitions are happening and it feels a bit sad to me. She has a wonderful social life with terrific girls from school. They gather on the weekends occasionally and have slumber parties. In fact last year on her birthday I set up the "old" family tent, from my teen years, and she had a sleep over in the back yard.
I am looking forward to having the day with her to shop and laugh and do silly Nana and Katie stuff. It only seems like it was yesterday when we would have these outings. We would hit the Cookie Store in the Mall or "tooties" as Katie called them, and then we were off to the Hello Kitty Store. Now, we shop at, Limited Two, American Eagle, Hollister, and that's a long way from the Hello Kitty Store!
She is absolutely delightful and is growing up to be such a sweet young lady, Nana's can get away with saying that. I am very lucky and I have another granddaughter waiting in the wings, 3 years old and a handful. She prefers to play "jungle" in Nana's backyard. If my neighbors ever peeked over the fence they would call the guy with the net!
Gosh they grow up fast..my baby is 31..ouch! Well, Happy Birthday Katie my love.
1 comment:
I love you nana! It has been a huge transaction from store to store! lol Ya i agree about neighbors calling for guys with nets! lol
Love,
Kate
Post a Comment