Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yes, It IS OK to Change

Inspiration sometimes comes from places we would never have expected. Perhaps because we never took the time, while going through the motions of our daily lives to stop and look. I found this while ( SURPRISE!) reading and searching for inspiration:

"I've also learned it's OK to change. Sometimes it's not just OK, but mandatory. You can let go of some beliefs that maybe have served you well along the way, but just don't work for you anymore. We're supposed to grow and evolve. We have to give ourselves the permission and freedom to stay open to change.

I'm not talking about running away or having plastic surgery or a dye job. I'm not talking about throwing away our core principles and values and morals. I'm talking about exactly the opposite. I'm talking about letting life's experiences affect you and mature you." Maria Shriver

I must confess I do like a little "touch up", especially now that I have become a "Classic 55" , and I am not ashamed to admit it. Be that as it may, I love the idea of evolving and moving forward in spirtual growth, to be the best that God intended for me to be.........all for the greater good.

4 comments:

Crys said...

oh honey, i've been touching myself up for years now. i will touch myself up for years to come. it's all part of the weird duality of being on the planet, as a human, and then also being -- well, more.

we're still human though! at least my body is...

Malinda said...

( I am laughing my .....well you get the idea) yes indeed, picture a Jim Carey movie..got it..he is picking up the phone to dial the ( well this one might be a stretch) yes..a plastic surgeon. The tug of war begins...no...yes...no...
yes. Here is where I come in...bitch slap that boy and... dial the damn phone! YES!!

I couldn't agree with you more =0)

Amy said...

And the "go-to" daughter groans and worries... "Please God, NOT another face lift!"

Only to follow up with, "But, Lord, if it IS another face lift make sure they give her double the valium and vicodin so she can share."

Malinda said...

I am laughing SOOOOOOOO hard...cuz I know you mean it...and she turns off the phone too! I tend to have a southern accent and chat a LOT while medicated.