Saturday, August 23, 2008

IT's Time To Celebrate ME!

"It's so important to realize that you are a person endowed with many gifts. Recognize these qualities and celebrate them."

As a Christian, I believe that I was and am created in God's image and have unique traits that make me .."me". Sometimes as we travel life's road we lose sight of the "who" and the "what" that makes us special as individual beings sharing this space and time right now. However, I have learned recently that I can truly give myself permission to celebrate "me"and the attributes that make me unique.

It's so easy to look at the negative in our world and in ourselves and to be critical. When we consider celebrating the good things about ourselves we shy away and consider it boasting ,self centered, or arrogant. Why??

You have to appreciate your gifts, your uniqueness, before you can use them to be happy with yourself, to develop self confidence, and then give to others and ultimately to discover the life you want and deserve.

Living in the positive...like Martha Stewart says.."Is a Good Thing! "

5 comments:

Amy said...

I've been celebrating you for a while...

Like your ability to find the REALLY good slot machines.

Your uncanny ability to find items on sale at an additional 900% off. I think in some cases you've actually been paid to take something home, haven't you?

Your ability to recover from anesthesia in record time with little to no embarrassment save your daughter making fun of you to the rest of the staff. That's why we don't let Megan go anymore...
bwhahahahahaha

And, the fact that you really look like the youngest grandma on the planet. Well... minus Goldie Hawn... but I think that's more because of Kurt Russell, don't you?

Love you, mom!!!

Malinda said...

Why oh Why..would u want to persuade me to go THERE?! Kurt Russell....? Yes, yes that would truly give her the edge, absolutely. ;0)

("...and these are a few of my favorite things....")

Bob and Kathy said...

I think it's about time you celebrate what we all knew was in there all along.

Malinda said...

Texas,
AHHHHH...thank you.
Why aren't you blogging I know you have a unique view of the world. Share it!

Bob and Kathy said...

I will put it on my list of things to do. In my old age, trying to make a difference before the final roll call, I have involved myself in so many activities that I don't really know how I get anything done. I am glad to see you writing again. You KNOW how I feel about that.