I use to always say that I "hated" change because I always associated it with a negative experience. It meant closing the door on something familiar ,and the "unknown" was a frightening prospect. I thought of how it felt to leave the only home I had ever known ( at the tender age of 13), an acre of trees, pasture and a world where the imagination had no boundaries. I left that to go to a home that was considerably newer, modern appliances, a cul- de- sac full of kids. It was a move from country living to real neighborhoods, and not bad at all once I got my feet wet.
I have learned that people who handle change well, whether it is a move, job change, illness, or even a death, always focus on the positive that will ultimately come from the transition. What I have also learned is that the gift, or the positive result, may not always be directly related to what you are going to or through. For example you may have lost your job and in locating a new one, you discover friends that you would never had an opportunity to meet. These realtionships bring about new interests, hobbies, and a healthier lifestyle.
Change can help you develop a deeper confidence in yourself, deepen relationships, and even present greater opportunities for you to grow. The important thing to realize is that change does not have to be negative, you can choose to make it a positive experience and glean every morsel of good out of it. It IS a CHOICE.
Lately, I have had my eyes opened to how people view the world around them. I cannot believe how many choices of negativity I see everyday. If we choose to view our little part of the world that way, no wonder so many of us are ill, unhappy, bitter and full of negative energy. It starts small with one little comment , " It was really difficult", " I can't do that", "It won't make any difference", and pretty soon we have talked ourselves into defeat and even infected those around us.
It takes practice, watch and notice what is in your environment and begin to make a CHANGE for the POSITIVE...you will love how it feels inside.
2 comments:
Sometimes recognizing and acknowledging all that negativity is a form of negativity in itself.
It's a vicious cycle. ;)
Amy: Not true from my perspective. Recognizing what one has been injesting for YEARS helps in understanding why , in my case, I have lost confidence, self esteem, and have been virtually drained of any feelings of deserving any better. After, recognizing that I too was sputtering the same insignificant comments, I realized it was all I was sputtering.
Once I began to put into action what I believed to be a true "gift" of understanding of positive thinking things have begun to definitely change for the better.
But, that has been my experience. I am sorry if that has not been yours. Hey, it took me 18 years to finally GET IT =0)
and I'm still a work in progress, as u well know.
Post a Comment