Monday, July 23, 2007

Ouch..That Hurt!

Well, I abandoned my great idea to have plastic surgery done this summer for a more practical approach to my ever enlarging body. Oh yes, it seemed like a great idea in the beginning. A tummy tuck and full lipo job and a 6 week recovery....wow! Plus the benefit of being 3 sizes smaller. I was in, it all sounded so good, 6 weeks recovery, 3 to 6 months to see the results..ok and then it started to happen. All of the little signals were going off, red flags and that uncomfortable feeling you get when things just don't feel quite right. Plus my favorite doctor and his great team seemed to be dropping the ball at every turn, well not the doctor, but the office staff.

First the cost will be this much, oops forgot to add this in, then it will be this much , oops forgot this and surgery will be on this date and a couple of weeks later it's changed to another location and date....not feeling real good about this one. It changed three times and that was three times too many for me. This little voice kept saying, wouldn't it be healthier to workout more and do this the natural way?

So, the family joined the gym. I was already working out and had been faithfully since last January. I was not seeing the results I wanted to see and the weight was hardly budging. So the new plan was simple, join the gym and get a personal trainer. At 53 years of age, I am thinking that this is a pretty brave move.

We hit the gym early in the morning and do 30 minutes of cardio, cardio hates me ( it's mutual). The good news is that their are several choices and as long as you go directly from one machine to another ( no walks to the locker room or stopping to chat for 15 minutes) you can change. There is the LARGE stair stepper, 5 minutes that's it for me, the the eliptical machines..burn thighs burn...eeeek, and then give me a bike and I ride to the finish line. Then it is off to resistance training. An hour and a half later, I am crawling out the door...surgery would have been less painful and they give drugs!

1 comment:

Bob and Kathy said...

You need to update your "About Me". It says your 52. OOPS......I didn't say that did I??