I don't watch television that much any more. There are a few good shows that I enjoy. They are well written, simplistic and can be related to on some level. I am one of those people who tends to get emotional invested in the characters of my favorites. I know it is an unwise choice to make, because once you make that level of commitment the network likes to mess with you.
There are several devious ways that this occurs. First is, the "ole switch a rue", let's move you from Thursday night to Sunday night. Ok, let's get rid of the original writers and kill off one of the supporting characters. Once these mental torments begin to occur you want to pledge to move on to another show, station and boycott, but you don't. Mostly, it is based on your loyalty to the fictional character and your deep desire to see them resolve their issues and land in the dimension of happiness and contentment..it doesn't happen. Then the jerks , cancel the show, well why not they have ruined it with all of their experimentation and attempts to gain a profit from advertising. Creative allegiance flies out the window and the almighty dollar speaks again.
My brother is sending me 40 cassettes of old radio shows from the 30's, 40's and early 50's. I am going to become a convert.
1 comment:
Your talking about Gilmore Girls aren't you? I cant believe how they are ending it! Its retarded!!! URGGGG!!!!
Post a Comment