Election day is over, thank goodness we only have to go through this every 4 years. I appreciate the process far more than I ever did, because of my interest in History and because I am just old enough to appreciate it. I am a proud Baby Boomer!
Whatever our personal preferences are it is so important to be a part of the process, to educate yourself, develop an ability to intelligently discuss the policies that ring true to you and defend your position. That is one of the gifts we have as Americans, and it is a gift. We may not believe in the guy next doors politics, but we certainly should be the first to defend his right to have his own beliefs, ideology and to use his voice to express it.We stand on the shoulders of the generations that have come before us, some who fought, shed their blood or gave their lives to give us this right.
As we move forward the next 4 years will hopefully strengthen our faith in our Country, our resolve and the foundation on which the men of 1776 created for our opportunity to make each new tomorrow better than today. Let's Stand Together and Pray for America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.
No comments:
Post a Comment