I enjoy thinking about the endless possibilities of updating my home. I think about it for a very long time before I finally decide to dive in and take action. This is just the way it was with my kitchen renovation, I researched, looked at endless color schemes and then called in the experts. I totally disliked my cabinets, the color had no personality and was the standard oak finish with brass hardware. I loved the arrangement of my cabinets and especially loved my large island.
The tile was ugly, the back splash dull and the hood vent unimaginative. So I was pretty open to to getting rid of it and having a little bit of fun with it.
The desk area was a junk drop off spot and I was open to a possible wine area or something...anything really.
So, we gutted the tile, sink,vent, stove and began the updating. This ended up being a 7 day project which I thought was pretty quick.
The island was the center piece with an antique black finish, and the cabinets an antique cream. The hood vent got a complete makeover, as did the desk area.
We decided on a wine area, adding a beverage refrigerator below.
It took shape rather quickly I think. The back-splash was a challenge, I wanted something that would stand out. So I chose travertine tile with metal button accents to match my copper hood. Lots of metal buttons!!!
The true colors are hard to see
More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment