As my son enters his second year of university studies, I begin to think about "his" dreams and "his" goals. He is still trying to figure out a clear direction, and as he continues in his courses he will begin to see it more clearly. He is goal oriented, goal driven, and his integrity is highly admirable. I guess lots of parents feel that way, but I'm dead on :)
All we desire for our kids is their health and happiness first. We hope that they find a career that they truly enjoy ( if that is possible in todays job market) and ( sigh) that they will find that special "someone" who truly "gets" them and loves them quirks and all. You see, I don't think he is perfect, but he is to me in all of the areas that count, spoken like a truly biased mom.
He is my youngest, my only boy, and I remember vividly everything about him from the moment I first saw him....perfect, simply perfect. Now, as a young man, he is purposely seeking his path in life and I like that alot. He is a throw back to the 60's..early 60's, there is something refreshing about that. He is aware of the time in which he lives, he watches News Reports, and Political debates and declares they are the "true" Reality TV, he has opinions, he expresses them intelligently and he is insightful.
So, here is to a new year of academia, challenges, thought provoking lectures, and to growth and direction. Here is to your dreams, and hopes, the halls of knowledge are now officially OPEN. Let's see if you can hold onto that 3.97 GPA!!

No comments:
Post a Comment