Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Girls and Experience





I've learned alot about friendships over the past three years; I'm blessed with good ones. It has been a great gift to have my high school girlfriends around again, I never realized how important these relationships truly were, as time moved forward none of us realized it. We all bring different experiences to the chat table and sometimes when things become scary, someone has walked the path before us.

My dear friend Susan has walked the halls of cancer, divorce and come through the other side whole emotionally and she is so vibrant. She keeps us all on our toes, she nags until we all have made our appointments and have had our annual mammograms done. Oh my gosh she can be annoying in...a really good way  ;)

Last year her words were ringing in my ears when I discovered my "lump", oh my gosh she is going to shoot me for not going sooner! I remember well the day my son drove me out of town for my procedure, it was my birthday and I was in such pain and I was nervous as hell...but I laughed the whole way making jokes, something I learned from someone younger(it helped). After the waiting and worrying the news came and all was well, but you never forget the experience and you are grateful. Now, so close to that first year anniversary a dear friend is waiting for her surgery date, how bizarre.
She has 4 kids, three still home and the waiting is hard.

I am grateful for girlfriends who have walked before me and grateful for the things that aren't always peaches and cream in life, it's how we learn and how we grow. Thank God we are never too old to still do that.

No comments: