Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Family Remembers Vacation Time

I am surprised at times at how brave we are as we set out to try new things. We have traveled to new places since my son was 5 years old, we have traveled with extended family which I thought was so easy at the time; now I wonder how I did it, pure love is all I can come up with. It was pure joy and love that allowed me the energy to travel with kids ranging from 6-9 years old, we had very few problems and so much laughter because that was the rule of the road. If we weren't having fun, there was a problem!

Well it has been years since I have had that pleasure, but we still travel and it has still been pure joy. The adventures have gotten a bit BIGGER, and we are nuts enough to think we can handle anything, language barrier..ah no big deal. We have learned a little French, and enough Italian to easily get by and make new friends. Currency differences have not deterred us, we learn, we exchange and we love the challenge. Driving in a foreign country has presented its challenges, steering wheel on the opposite side, driving on the opposite side of the road, and all with a stick shift ..wow are we good.

We have been very lucky to have experienced all of these wonderful trips, England,France,Italy and the Eastern seaboard of the wonderful USA. Here is a look back in pictures









  1. It really doesn't get much better than this! ;)

No comments: