I managed to change my mind several times before signing on the dotted line, first it would be wood floors throughout the house, to, maybe just the entry and hallways to everything but the bedrooms. Once the decision was made and the flooring decided on I prepped the house. I thought I had over prepped because my lovely contractor simply said, "hmm, I think I would take down all of your pictures because it will get a little dusty in here." I covered my drapes, my furniture, my cupboards and felt pretty decently prepared.
The day before the big event, my girlfriend called and insisted on coming over and hanging out with me the day of the demolition. I thought it was a bit odd, but she was insistant and as it turned out she was very smart. She arrived thrity minutes after the chaos began. It was crazy, a desert storm throughout my house, my black things looked white, my white things looked dark gray and my heart was racing. My friend handed me a latte, complemented my backyard and sat me down pool side ( anothe spring renovation project) and began talking, talking and talking, looking back at the patio and the storm of white powder whipping out the doors and heading our direction.
I do not know what I would have done without her, that is a friend!
I cleaned for a week after it was over and then brought in professionals, it was exhausting. Worth it??
Well I'm still deciding, not really , I love them and they are far easier to care for than tile. Here are the before and after shots.
No comments:
Post a Comment