I never thought that straw paper could be such an annoying thing, and all by itself it isn't. However,when the oldest male of the family decides to tear the end off and prepare himself to make this the best attack paper EVER hmm annoying. It doesn't matter if we are in fine dining,a side walk cafe,a drive through, in the good ole USA or across the pond..have straw will blow. This has been going on since our son was small he is now fastly approaching 21. I have waited patiently,and at times not so much for that straw paper,or the lovely spitballs he makes to shoot through it to land him in hot water..just once little piece of paper get misdirected to the right party..a big 6'4" grizzly bear of a guy. AND.....after years of this tom-foolery it HAPPENED!
We were sitting in a Bob's Big Boy in Morro Bay when the familiar routine began, the banter back and forth, "ah come on, you aren't going to shoot that are you ?" and as he puckered up for the best blow EVER..it WAS! It went right over my shoulder and as I watched his face and his eyes get wider I heard it, "uh ohh!"
My son began to chuckle and I could see that the ole man was getting fidgety...insert laughter. Without looking, I said, "Please tell me you are 6'4" and weigh 250 lbs" and I heard a deep husky voice reply, nope, but will 6'2" work for you!" I quickly responded," Oh yes, yes it will, that works just fine for me...are you irritated that someone would intrude on your lunch like that?" more nervous laughter from the ole man and now he was moving fast to correct the errors of his ways, apologies streaming, red face glowing and all caught on video for me to enjoy for a long time! YEAH!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment