Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Here's to Friends!

I have been enjoying many changes in my life, and why not, at 57 nearly 58 I certainly have earned the privilege. I have raised my family, and I have enjoyed many years of being a hands on grandparent, and now , and I must say I came kicking and screaming, I am enjoying the "golden years".

Golden years, yuck, what an expression, but nonetheless I am beginning a new cycle. It took time, and introspection, and lots of faith in God. I know that tends to be a turn off for many people, but God is the reason for my sanity, and I give Him the praise and the glory for that. I am not strong enough to get here by myself, I am certain I wouldn't be "here" if he had not carried me. So with that being said, I can clearly and loudly say, "woot woot" this is a cool place to be.

I have rediscovered friends from high school that I just adored, and laughed with. We have similar stories of wrapping ourselves up in our kids and grandkids,of divorce, heartache and just "life". Now, we are ready to rediscover ourselves, and we are having a blast doing it. I lost myself while wearing another "hat", not everyone does that, the healthy women know how to maintain their individuality and raise a family, after all isn't that the true example we want to set for our kids. It's a game of balance, and if done well you can still have a strong positive influence on your family,keep "you" and soak up what the world has to offer.

I have learned to open up myself to what God has for me, his plan. Now some may refer to it as allowing yourself to be apart of the energy that surrounds all of us and instead of resisting the flow..going with it. That's cool, I get the whole Buddhism concept of energy, all one soul all interconnected...but my heritage that came from the heartland of Oklahoma won't allow me to go there. It is how I was raised, it is who I am, and where my roots are firmly grounded. My mind is open to see and understand, but my heart and "my soul" belong to God the Father and the source of my salvation...it's just who I am.Definitely not perfect by any stretch, but I am working on it.

The cool thing about this, is that so many of my old pot smoking high school buddies are on this page too..haha, it was quite a hoot to discover this one ..for sure. Now, I was the goodie two shoes kid who never indulged...only once at the age of 25 and it was given to me by a surgeon who was off duty but on call....and his R.N. girlfriend. It was just never my thing. Gosh,we have all come a long way, but we are older, we're suppose to be wiser aren't we ( that has been said in round table discussions with outbursts of laughter...it's great).

It is great to be comfortable in your own skin, have friends, share, laugh and grow...simply allowing it to happen.

It's really good!

No comments: