
I don't think that I have ever worked this hard to get rid of a kid that I love so much. His senior year is coming to an end, he set goals for himself and nearly attained all of them. That is what life is about, we set a goal and we push ourselves to our personal limits to achieve them. We may fall short, but we learn a lot along the way and that is what matters.
He is serious, he feels things deeply, but you would never know because he hides it. He wants so much to be accepted and struggles with his own insecurities, fear of rejection. What he once thought was his comfort zone has been altered dramatically, it was painful, but he dealt with it, and learned that life isn't always fair. No it's not, but you are my son, you are fair and thoughtful and I am deeply proud of the man you have become.
All of the tests have been taken, applications sent, rejection and acceptance letters received, and we fall back to plan "B", for there is ALWAYS a plan "B", because you don't give up, I admire that about you.
You will graduate with Honors, National and State, you are a Gold Seal recipient, you have made your family deeply proud and have proven to yourself that hard work and determination are rewarded. The next steps are full of questions,and hard work but you have proven to yourself that you are up to the task.
I admit that I was never fond of the idea of having a "boy", I had been raised with three of them and had wanted girls. You have been a joy to me and I have never wanted anything other than a son from the moment I met you ;). As graduation draws near I want you to know that your life is ahead of you and it will be everything that you desire it to be. You have alot to say about your life path, and you walk with God's guidance, so when struggles occur ( and they will as you well know) you know who to lean on and trust to make it through.
It went by too fast, but just remember, it always does.
I love you more,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment