I'm glad life keeps getting clearer, at my age I can't afford to stand in the dark for very long. I have a passion for children, so did my mother actually. It is a gift, I watched her and how she interacted with such love and ease. I have had other role models as well, a cool lady that I had hoped would have been my mother-in-law. She was the head of one of the local High School's English Department.
She interacted with teenagers with great ease, and high expectations. She earned their respect, and then their confidence. She challenged them to always strive towards their highest potential. She had many young teachers that coveted time with her, to learn and be guided by her experience and knowledge.
These were two completely different types of women. One just a mother, with compassion and an extraordinary ability to love, garnished with patience. The other, an educated career woman, who was loving, and stern.She had the passion and energy to demonstrate by her example, to always strive for more than what you think you are capable of.
I loved both of these women, they left a hand print on my life and on my heart. They were my mentors at a very young age, and the latter through my impressionable teen years.
I have thought for quite a while now, that people come and go from our lives and stay for a season. We choose what we take from that experience. We can remember the lessons taught, the advise and experiences shared, and remember how they enriched our lives and learn from their example. For me, I remember the gift of the relationships. I will continue to be true to my passion, I will continue to learn and most of all I will cherish the memories.
I have had so many new opportunities arise stemming from the choice of being positive, no matter what is thrown at me. That was a lesson taught to me by Florence ( I love you ). Another dear friend of mine told me once, to never forget the good person you are, no matter what harm someone does to you, do not give in to the negativity. She was right, by keeping my eyes on the people that led by example, by believing in myself, doors have opened wider than I could have expected.
Trust in who you are, not in who others think you are, live your life with purpose, honesty, and do no harm. The doors will open.
No comments:
Post a Comment