I was watching a movie the other evening ..alone, because it was one of those movies. The kind some people find boring, or too dramatic. It was about life and death and it was done very well.
A mother was lying in bed and she had around the clock hospice care ( I know...depressing..geez), but it really wasn't. The movie was told from the point of view of the patient and it was about her last 26 hours. She was remembering her life and her choices,while her two daughters were coming in and out of the room in the hope of capturing a few "true" moments with her. She had lucid moments, and at other times she would awake from dreams about times that were pivotal in her life, and say a few words relating to those situations. The girls took it at face value and dismissed it as senseless chatter brought about by the medication.
What was interesting was, what she was saying made sense, if they had looked beyond their own desperate need to connect. I know I have been guilty of this, desperately trying to connect in order to satisfy my own need, instead of patiently waiting, listening and simply hearing what was being said.
Just a thought. =0)
No comments:
Post a Comment